Ruby Backend Entwickler
My client from the media industry is looking for a Backend Developer (Ruby, Ruby on Rails) to support their backend developer team in the project.
The background:Semi-professional and amateur sports clubs can operate their own video production system using their smartphones and instantly publishing their videos online.
Hence, you will help to implement their video ingest, hosting, structuring, and play-out process. The main job will be to move their project from Heroku to a simple maintainable AWS environment.
Responsibilities will be implementing the following tasks (exemplary):
- Move current project implementation from Heroku to simple maintainable AWS environment
- Ensuring reliable video streaming
- Automation of data imports
- Preparing backend structures to support our front-end development team
- Implement video transcoding process
- Implement search API
- Provide API endpoints to access video for distribution partners
- Strong experience as backend developer in relevant areas
o Ruby as well as Ruby on Rails
- Strong experience in AWS and its video components (Elastic transcoder, Beanstalk, S3)
End: 31.12.19, with high option to be extended
Workload: 40h, fulltime
Remote: likely to work mostly remote
If you are interested in this project, please send me your current CV, availability and hourly rate.
If would be a great support to me if you could also forward this request to your network.
I am looking forward to your response.