Role: IT Engineer
Location: Dublin City Centre
Salary: Depends on Experience
About the Company
You will work with a global financial SaaS company that is currently experiencing vast growth in their Dublin City Centre location. With offices in the US, EU and abroad, the company has doubled their workforce in Ireland in the last year, and look to continue to expand this year. The company serves over 300 financial companies in over 30 countries worldwide. They are determined to add sharp, driven individuals that influence the business and are passionate about providing top level IT support to various clients. The company now require an IT Engineer to join their infrastructure team, working closely with multiple clients on the daily operation of the platform.
Your role as IT Engineer
You will work with several clients, issuing senior level support in relation to managing and upgrading their systems. You will assist clients in getting the best use of the company product, providing daily monitoring and support of the application.
- You will be solely responsible for managing the platform upgrade process
- You will work with team members in order to perform fluid conversion to production operation for new clients
- As IT Engineer, you will allocate new user access, administration and privileges
- Database software patching and company information management system patching
- You will provide assistance with problem support and provide resolutions
- You will participate in disaster recovery initiatives and application performance tuning
- You will be involved in developing and enhancing process improvements for the company's service
- You will participate in examining and implementing third party tools to strengthen delivery of the platform to clients
Your background as Senior IT Engineer
- BSc in analytical based degree i.e Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
- 2-5+ years' experience working in a similar role in the Financial sector
- Experience using MS SQL or Oracle - basic administration functions
- Previous experience successfully delivering projects on time
- As IT Engineer, you will have experience in MS SQL Server or Oracle; configuration, operations and fundamental administration functions.
- Excellent communication, customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience with: networks, servers, DevOps tools, operation systems, scripting and XML programming languages
Sound like a position that you're looking for? Apply today!!!
No visa sponsorship available for this position.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales