We're currently partnered with an innovative Tech business who are looking to grow their team in Oxford.
You will be joining an agile team providing world-leading, innovative software to their customers and you will be required to manage their current microservices and provide the engineering team with the tools to deliver these products at scale.
They are looking for someone who believes strongly in the DevOps culture and who can help drive that through their current Engineering teams.
Someone who is collaborative and who will proactively seek to share knowledge, that has the confidence to speak up when needed and the pragmatism to accept compromise. You'll be given the autonomy to do the best thing, not just the easiest thing, to further drive up quality.
You'll be required to identify pain-points and pro-actively fix them. There are no tasks that you can't automate. You'll curate guidelines, documentation and resources to enable the Engineers to move faster and you'll help maintain stable environments with alerting, monitoring and dashboards. But most importantly, they want someone who will care about The Platform, and want to work with the existing team to successfully scale it up.
- Manage multiple Kubernetes clusters, whilst designing and implementing enhancements to them
- Working with the Engineering and Product teams to understand the products and how best to support them
- Automate and support software releases
- Carry out problem investigations and correction
- Improve systems monitoring, visibility and alerting
- Pro-actively provide Engineers with the tools they need
- Strong k8s/Docker skills
- Comprehensive Linux understanding
- Extensive cloud computing and networking knowledge
- Identifies with The Infrastructure as Code paradigm, and the tools to implement that
- Can demonstrate experience and insight across a range of core infrastructure, such as databases, queues and caches
- Comfortable teaching, sharing and helping Engineers
If this is a role that sounds of interest or one you would like to hear a bit more about then please send through an up to date CV or give me a call on 0117 910333.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales