Our client, a Health care non-profit organization, is currently looking for an AV Engineer for a long term contract role.
This role will be hybrid with 2-3 days required in their NW Washington D.C. office.
Rate: 45-60 per hour
The AV Engineer is responsible for configuring, maintaining, and implementing AV systems and solutions. This person will support AV/technical needs for meetings, design AV system changes/infrastructure improvements, and be able to operate the master controls of AV systems during complex events. The role also provides AV recommendations, system or hardware training, and contributes to the technical planning for complex events (ex: pre-event support can include technical capability or setup discussions, designing AV setups to meet requirements, technical troubleshooting or production support during the event, and post-event support with debriefs or improvement plans). The AV Engineer will work closely with meeting organizers and/or webinar producers to ensure that all technical needs are achieved with great success. This includes identifying the appropriate tools, equipment, and vendors to support the meeting.
- Thorough understanding of conference room audio-visual systems and their components (such as Crestron/Extron, NVX, QSC, Shure, Dante), hardware and software maintenance, and technical troubleshooting steps.
- Proficient with webinar features and best practices with leading webinar products such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, GoToWebinar, GoToMeeting, WebEx, etc.
- Knowledgeable and skilled with live event productions, services, hardware, and support.
- Proficient with a ticketing system (e.g., Zendesk, Remedy).
- Can read architectural drawings and/or AV diagrams.
- Technologically savvy, displays a willingness to seek out technology solutions to event/business challenges.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3-6 years of experience as an AV technician/specialist supporting AV hardware and rack systems, VTC/conference room equipment, and setting up in-room equipment such as microphones, switchboards, computers, and displays. (Similar experience may be substituted if relatable to the AV industry.)
- 3-6 years of experience supporting in-person, hybrid, or virtual meetings in an AV capacity or acting as a technical producer for events. This includes coordinating with users, operating event equipment, and/or managing technical logistics. (Similar experience may be substituted if relatable to the AV industry).
- Experienced with webinar platforms and training users on software, hardware, or conferencing platforms (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Zoom, GoToWebinar, GoToMeeting, On24, WebEx, etc.).
- Experience creating and reading technical documentation such as workflows, AV diagrams, elevation drawings, manuals.
- Experience managing and configuring Microsoft Teams Rooms, Zoom rooms, or other similar room systems.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.comApply for this Job