Build and Release Configuration Engineer
Hybrid - Remote with 20 days a year in the office in Cheshire or London
£81,125 + 12% Bonus
One of our key customers are looking for a Build and Release Engineer to join their Product Development team.
Working in the R&D team, you will set up and maintain build systems and release management processes supporting the entire embedded team in the design, implementation and delivery of software solutions.
What will you do:
- Work with product development teams to support and implement development frameworks and test frameworks for all aspects of software: from low-level integration with the hardware, through to application/graphical user interface software, production test software, investigative analysis, and migration from obsolete hardware.
- Control of release versions to verification and validation.
- Support and implement embedded software development environments using Jenkins and other continuous integration processes.
- Coordinate Atlassian Suite instances including Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket and Bamboo.
- Perform Unit and system testing.
- Source Control Management, Issue Management, Continuous Integration.
- Use applicable software engineering tools e.g. IDEs, compilers, build processes, debuggers, emulators, and test frameworks.
- Responsible for the full software development life cycle.
Skills you will need:
- Experience in build/release engineering and configuration management with knowledge in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Previous experience in the medical device industry or other highly regulated fields is required.
- Software development experience within the Medical Device sector (or similar highly regulated environment)
- Knowledge of BS EN ISO 13485, BS EN ISO 62304, BS EN ISO 14971 is an advantage.
- Desire to learn new best practice C++ embedded techniques.
- Knowledge of modern Microcontrollers and their IDEs/ build tools.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experienced level capability with Windows IoT / Yocto.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security best practices.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
Apply for this Job