* Operate under the lead of a more senior staff member computer peripheral equipment such as printers, finishing, material handling or mail processing machines and/or infrastructure support equipment.
* Execute basic peripheral machine jam and operator level service actions.
* Prepare production control reports under the direction of more senior operators or supervisors.
* Perform a variety of clerical tasks related to inventory or outgoing product control using automated or manual means.
* Interact with computer terminals or personal computers to queue work, post information, and respond to console messages.
* Do manual document assembly, postage application, or packaging as needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
* 1 year of data center/print center related work experience preferred.
* A general working knowledge of computer peripheral hardware or the ability to learn this knowledge is required as entry into this position.
* A solid grasp of basic math skills is essential to maintain product controls.
* Business Knowledge & Partnership:
* The individual requires limited knowledge of the product content, and is expected to develop an understanding of the organization of the home and field organizations through this position.
* Problem Solving & Decision Making:
* Problem solving skill are required within the scope of typical peripheral equipment jams and exception handling, as well as the ability to determine errors in production at points either before or after the peripheral process the operator is supporting.
* The individual must be able to identify peripheral equipment problems and escalate as appropriate to a lead operator or supervisor.
* The individual must also be able to identify production situations that are not correct, such as documents out of sequence, inappropriate fliers, quality issues in printing or stock, and, in hardware operations, unexpected delays in equipment support.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.comApply for this Job