Network Engineer triggered by new technologies?
Opportunity to work with new technologies in a fast-moving and innovative IT environment in Antwerp.
Fulltime - Freelance
Company and project
My client is looking for an experienced Network Engineer. Know-how of AWS is a plus. You will be working in a diverse IT team, and with your team you will be responsible for the network and security for all of their locations in an Agile and Scrum environment. A proactive attitude is needed in this project, where the moto is 'You build it, you run it.".
Duties of Network Engineer
Your focus will primarily be on network connectivity and security operations. Your key responsibility, in the first phase of the project, is managing outsourcing IT partners who will do the work and communicating your follow-up. Afterwards you will consolidate your ways-of-working within the network squad. You will contribute to the design and implementation of our LAN, WLAN and WAN networks.
The focus of your activities is not only on connectivity (Cisco and Brocade IP switches, SD WAN (Silver Peak) and Cisco wireless), but is broader including also on network security (Checkpoint firewalls, F5 Big-IP load balancers ...), other network-related domains (e.g. Infoblox DHCP and DNS management, network monitoring).
What we desire from you?
- Experienced in the operational management of a networking environment (Cisco), Firewall environment (Checkpoint), ... in a large production environment.
- As a team player operations work, e.g. implement changes in maintenance windows, incident handling, ...
- Broad knowledge of switching and routing, load balancing , DNS and DHCP services is a plus
- Project-based working method
- Managing, escalating international suppliers
Location: Antwerp area
Project length: 6 months+
Rate: Competitive, based on skills & experience
Surplus: 1 day remote work
Are you interested in this Network Engineer position in Antwerp? If you are available for something new please apply online or contact Roderick Dierckx via 03/613.3.00 or r.dierckx @ computerfutures.be and I will be glad to give you all the info!