Azure DevOps Engineer (CF-33917136)
Role: DevOps Engineer (Azure Specialist)
Location: Hybrid - London - Remote (2 days per week in Hertfordshire and 3 days WFH)
Rate: £700-800 p/d
IR35: Inside IR35
Contract Length: 6 Months
Within the Data & Analytics team you will help our customers and the communities where we operate to get the most value from data. We build and run the data platforms, we architect and engineer data onto these platforms, provide capabilities and tools to the analytics community across the company, and develop data products at scale.
As a DevOps Engineer within Data Science Engineering, you'll be a significant contributor to the delivery of products in one of the companies most strategic technology areas. You'll work with other engineers, data scientists, product managers, systems engineers, and analytics professionals to help deliver valuable and innovative outcomes for our customers. You'll work within and across our Engineering and Data Science teams, delivering scalable products that improve how we serve our customers and run our operations.
You will be responsible for
This role is an exciting opportunity to work on machine learning based projects. You will work with a team of engineers and data scientists, helping take machine learning based models from the lab into production settings, including at the edge and in the cloud. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Input into discussions on system designs and architecture.
- Implementation of automated processes for build and deployment.
- Supporting production systems, resolving incidents, and performing root cause analysis.
- Continually look for how we can evolve and improve our technology, processes and practices.
- Sharing knowledge with the wider engineering community.
- Mentoring and developing others around you.
- Applying SDLC practices to create and release robust software.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Building scalable and resilient systems.
- Experience with solutions running in the cloud, on-prem or at-edge.
- Involvement in the full development life cycle; design, coding, test, build, QA, deployment and maintenance.
- Participating in incident, problem and service improvement process and has ability to assess incidents prioritising resolutions or escalations within SLAs.
- Working in agile environments. You must be a team player with the ability to influence and lead stakeholders.
Key Skills and Technologies:
- CI/CD pipelines: can create a CI/CD pipeline to deploy Infrastructure changes.
- Expertise with Jenkins, Docker, Terraform (or equivalent, Ansible, Chef, Puppet),
- Experience with tools such as Jira, GitHub, Splunk, AppDynamics
- Tooling for monitoring, logging and alerting e.g. Splunk or Grafana.
- Test Driven Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Operating systems - Linux (RedHat, CentOS), Unix
- Expertese building solutions on Azure (inc Azure DevOps)
- Shell script (bash / powershell)
- Experience building solutions that run in the cloud, on-prem or at-edge
- Ability to work with other teams for any dependencies or integrations.
- Working with multiple software development methodologies including Scrum & Kanban.
- Customer focus with the right balance between outcome delivery and technical excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales