DevOps Engineer opportunity to work for a Global Software Technology provider.
The platform you will be working on is written in Golang and it is a highly complex distributed system. The technologies used building it include PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ as well as using dedicated crypto hardware.
The company has an expert Infrastructure Engineering team in London and are looking for an outstanding DevOps Engineer to help them redefine their DevOps pipeline, reducing the management and maintenance load on the team, and enabling fast but safe deployment of new services and scaling of existing ones.
- Design and deploy DevOps systems, frameworks and tooling for the companies infrastructure
- Deployment and management of an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) platform
- Development of tooling and scripts to automate regular tasks
- Administration of FreeBSD and Linux hosts
- Administration and troubleshooting of various open source and third party technologies
- Hardening and monitoring of security of hosts and network devices
- Proactive monitoring and improvement of the infrastructure
- Working with other members of the Infrastructure team to understand where processes/tooling can be created/improved to reduce duplication
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Engineering or related discipline highly preferred.
- 3 years or more experience administrating and troubleshooting Linux and/or FreeBSD systems.
- 3 years or more programming experience (Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl).
- Strong understanding of object-orientated programming.
- Experience of containerisation technologies (LXC, Docker, FreeBSD jails, etc.)
- Experience working with version control systems.
- Strong technical documentation skills, and an understanding of the importance of documentation in a compliance environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (chef/puppet, foreman, rundeck/ansible) may be an advantage.
What's on offer:
- A friendly and personal working environment
- Excellent growth opportunities
- Buying and Selling Annual Leave
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Employer matched pension contributions to 5% of salary
- Long-term Sickness and Disability Insurance
- Private Medical Cover with the option to add family members at your expense
- 4 x Salary Life Insurance cover
- Perk box Goldcard Discount Scheme
If this sounds like something you are interested in apply now to avoid disappointment.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales