DevOps Engineer opportunity to join a Medical Technology company working in the product development team at its inception, you will play a key role in turning world class research into cutting edge software products.
As a DevOps engineer you'll combine your software and systems engineering expertise in coding, system design, integration, deployment and ongoing maintenance, to help build and run our precision health software systems.
- Building useful, well-crafted high quality software for both pilot and end user products, using software best practices (e.g. distributed source code management, code review, testing, pair programming).
- Monitoring the capacity and performance of the companies systems with responsibility for optimising deployed systems, building infrastructure and using automation to eliminate work.
- Maintain software once live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Working with customers to ensure packaging and deployment into appropriate computing environments (cloud/on premises), with appropriate capacity planning, updates and improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5+ years experience building, deploying and maintaining production software.
- Software development experience, ideally in Python.
- Track record designing systems using serverless public cloud technologies (e.g AWS Lambda, Batch).
- Experience of infrastructure as code (e.g. Ansible, Puppet).
- Container technology experience (e.g. Docker).
- Experience with performance measurement and profiling of software and hardware using Linux-based operating systems and tools.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to an audience with a range of technical backgrounds.
- Critical thinking skills, a delivery oriented attitude, and attention to detail
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales