Electronics Engineer (CF-33956761)
I have partnered up with a key client of mine in the Cambridge area helping them look for multiple Electronics Engineer's to work with a global brand in consumer electronics, based out of the R&D facility.
You will be working with the electronics team to develop, support and test a range of technically leading consumer electronic products.
Work will include electronics development of consumer products (including PCB), testing (EMC, functional safety....) and reporting.
Hardware Development (electronics)
- Lead electronic hardware development activities (circuit and PCB design) within the business
- Ensure good practices and cost-savings are shared across projects. This includes peer reviews, cost estimations and checklists
- Lead EMC compliance work during early phases of new product development to ensure project delivery on time and to cost.
- Schematic capture and library management using Altium
- Digital and analogue design, circuit simulation, component selection
- Carry out hardware validation and fault-finding
- Liaise with mechanical engineers and PCB layout consultants to ensure the PCBs are designed correctly
- Liaise with the Operations Team to assist in the transfer to manufacture
- PCB rework and prototyping (breadboard)
- Degree educated in Electronics with 5 years' experience in electronic development for consumer goods or similar.
- A background and knowledge in PCB, EMC and embedded systems is required.
- Experience with high volume and PCB assembly/manufacturing techniques would be highly beneficial.
- Proactive and with enthusiasm for product development working in a highly dynamic environment.
Location: Cambridge, Hybrid Working
If this role is of interest to you, please contact Sophie Smith from Computer Futures Birmingham for more details.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales