Head of Data Engineering
Head of Data Engineering opportunity to join a very successful Digital AI Health-care technology provider. The role is offered on a fully remote basis ongoing.
The Head of Data Engineering & Insights will lead a team that provides best practice data engineering support across all of the companies departments and its' customers. You will establish data engineering practices that provide the company with the foundations for generating value from data assets, whilst ensuring all data is secured, anonymised and controlled to the highest possible standards.
***ideally we are loooking for someone with experience in Healthcare / Life Sciences ****
- Responsible for all transmission of data both inside and outside of the company.
- Ensures all of the company's major data assets are secured, catalogued and available
- Facilitates the adoption of a flexible, secure workflow for research and operational needs.
- Ensures secure and flexible data ingest from external parties
- Works with other departments to ensure best practices are used for all data management so data are fit for purpose
- Provides liaison with external providers and customers for data related matters
- Owns budget for data engineering projects
- Conducts research to improve the technological assets of the company and makes recommendations on technological solutions
- Consistently evaluates technical efficiency and makes changes as necessary
- Identifies competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of a company
- Leads and mentors a team of data engineers
- Establishes Agile processes for team working and accountability
- Ensures all work meets regulatory requirements
- Develops and directs all processing safeguards to reduce the risk of data breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information
- Extensive Azure knowledge in design and delivery
- Big data engineering experience
- Full life cycle software development
- ETL toolsets and data manipulation
- Agile experience in DevOps environment
- Data analytics skills
- Experience of operating and supporting complex software products
- Communication: You will communicate at all levels of the business, and provide professional face to customers and external providers
- Leadership: You will be capable of leading the data engineering team, and providing technical direction for those outside the team
- Financial: You will maintain a pragmatic and thrifty hand on the data engineering purse strings.
- Technical: You will be a data geek, who enjoys seeing value and insight derived data; you will be a technology and cloud enthusiast, who embraces new ideas and processes, yet keeps a keen eye on delivery and providing value.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit, don't hesitate, apply now.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales