Infrastructure Build Engineer - Firewall (CF-33933773)
Infrastructure Build Engineer (Firewall)
Part of a team with clearly defined responsibilities for delivering network related tasks on key projects, particularly focused around network improvement and remediation activities on the infrastructure improvement programme.
This role will predominantly be based on site completing build, configuration, and installation activities as part of the delivery phase of assigned projects. As part of the project lifecycle, there will be a need to input technical knowledge and experience aiding design and planning activities, peer reviewing project artifacts, creating low level design artefacts and the creation of change requests.
This role will be working predominantly on the IT Infrastructure improvement programme
- Switch and Wi-Fi remediation
- Fibre optic remediation
- New network topology and firewall replacement
- Cabinet replacement and monitoring
- Migration of infrastructure to an off-site location
- CISCO ISE
- Capture/Analyse requirements and help define technical solutions to meet the requirements of the projects, and work with the project manager to create a well-defined and accurate implementation plan
- Execute administration, implementation and build activities on the above projects ensuring all work is completed within agreed guidelines and budget
- Provide Infrastructure support for 3rd party vendors to define and agree technical solutions, facilitate the presentation of these to the company governance processes - TRB, ARB, CAB etc., and support implementation
- Produce technical operation documents and support a formal transition process of new systems or services into operation
- Remediate/upgrade existing services as required to facilitate continued integration with the new systems
- Help produce artifacts that will ensure all new design and build activities and reviewed and agreed via the Architecture review (ARB) process
- Ensure all changes to existing systems follow the change (CAB) process
- Provide technical guidance to the wider project team to help troubleshoot issues and find appropriate resolutions during the implementation
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales