Data Centre & Comms Room Infrastructure Engineer
I am urgently looking to speak with infrastructure Engineers who have experience in relocation and installation of IT equipment. This is an initial 3 month contract with an immediate start date.
- Relocation and installation of IT Equipment inc. small UPS systems and batteries rated up to 5KW, Intelligent PDU's, Web Management Cards and Environmental monitoring systems.
- Able to configure basic network parameters on network devices, given device documentation or basic internal training.
- Basic understanding of electricity and safe working practices in Data Centres and communications rooms, including understanding risks to key services.
- Familiar and competent in transportation of heavy items of equipment and safe manual handling techniques and risks, using server lifts, pallet trucks and trolleys.
- Good understanding of different connector types for power and networking and able to follow standard data center patching and power provisioning schemes.
- Able to take on a mobile and agile role, working at multiple sites.
If you have the relevant experience please apply and I'll be in touch with you tomorrow.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales