Are you currently an IT support / Application Engineer potentially looking or open to new opportunities within a company that offers you progression and training to develop?
I am looking for team-oriented individuals with an enthusiasm for IT and who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, working as an IT Application Engineer.
Perhaps you are already a support technician who is bored and limited in your current role wanting more and would like to progress to a supervisory role. This role will be based out of the company's office in north Bristol. whilst adopting a hybrid working model.
The company provide support for critical manufacturing systems all around the world, enabling companies to enhance operational excellence, reducing manufacturing costs, improve product quality, and dramatically reduce the time to market.
The successful candidate will be fulfilling an important role in a busy IT department, and will be accountable for investigating, defining, proposing and possibly implementing and maintaining solutions with the (IT) to ensure infrastructure remains stable, secure, resilient, and fully operational at all times to satisfy the needs of the business. You will be responsible for troubleshooting customer issues daily via phone, email, and the support portal, you will monitor incoming emails and tickets from internal users providing technical support for the day-to-day issues such as requests for hardware/software and password resets.
There will be opportunity to have hands-on experience with IT hardware from user laptops/desktops to servers and switches.
Ideally suited to someone who is highly motivated and enthusiastic, with good communication skills and experience of troubleshooting IT tasks. This position offers the opportunity and support for the right person to thrive as part of a hardworking and friendly team who take on a wide variety of tasks with opportunities for further training and career progression.
Role - IT Support Application Engineer
Location - Bristol based Emersons green with Hybrid working
Salary - up to £40k flexible doe
The Skills bit
- Good customer communication and an eagerness to learn.
- A desire to work within the world of IT learning about new technologies.
- Good understanding of PC troubleshooting, including all versions of Windows, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Proven experience in Hardware & Software maintenance with a clear concise, troubleshooting methodology.
- Proven Experience in laptop & Desktop maintenance and replacing HDD's, RAM and other components.
- Experience of Troubleshooting of Internet Connection issues
- An Understanding of Windows Server Administration
- An understanding of Active Directory - Fundamentals
- Group Policy and how it works
- An Understanding of Networking, Routers & Firewalls
- A Basic Understanding of VPNs
Don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes, If this role sounds like something you would be interested in and finding out more about than please get in contact providing me with your most up to date CV to be considered as this client is looking to hire ASAP.
or call me 07464 475 407
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
Apply for this Job