Java Developer role to join a Software Engineering business in London.
The business helps clients transform their businesses using data and technology so they're ready for today's and tomorrow's challenges. The team has around 110 people and growing fast, we design, build, and operate complex cloud, digital and data platforms for some of the UK's leading public and private sector organisations.
We're passionate about delivering great outcomes to our clients and are proud of our long-term engagements in both ongoing project delivery and service management.
What you'll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team as one of the Java Developers to join our expanding Development Team. Working in a dynamic fast paced environment, the successful candidate will be expected to own software development activities for an ongoing high-profile contract as well as collaborating with the wider team.
- Work within an Agile team consisting of several feature teams
- Design, implement and unit test feature and capability code for critical applications
- Investigate, diagnose, and fix defects identified across the application estate
- Prepare release candidates and update deployment charts for progression to higher environments
- Conduct testing of program and software applications
- Organise and maintaining documentation of application development and revisions
- Collaborate with teammates, other service providers, vendors, and users to develop new programming methods
Who you are
Passionate about technology, professional, motivated, collaborative and continually seeking to learn and develop. Excited about the opportunity to work in a full lifecycle software business.
- 7+ years of development experience (full software life cycle - building product)
- Proficient with a Java Development including Sprint Boot (5+ Years)
- Solid exposure to messaging/streaming technology ideally using Pulsar
- Hands-on knowledge building on cloud service platforms using AWS
- Experience developing solutions using containerisation and Kubernetes
- Experience with a variety of webservice technologies and protocols (REST, SOAP)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience of the ability to communicate with business and technical personnel
- Building search & analytics engines with Elasticsearch
- Experience in Mobile Application development using Dart and Flutter
- Experience using GraphQL
- Understanding of web application security and security considerations in general
Candidates must be eligible for BPSS
What we can offer you:
Training, personal development and progression
We understand that your career progression is important to you. At this company people get promoted on merit when they are ready. This means that your career is completely in your own hands and there is never a ceiling for your progress.
Everyone's career path is different. The company welcomes people exploring different areas and trying out new skillsets. Just because you start off down one path doesn't mean you are committed to it indefinitely. Here you will have the freedom to carve your own career path. As well learning on the role, the company will support you to gain certifications that enhance your career prospects.
As your role progresses, we will review your training and development to ensure currency with our business roadmap.
The key to our success is our teamwork and collaboration. We take a hybrid approach - working remotely and coming into the office depending on the business demand and collaboration required as part of the delivery process.
- Competitive salary
- Pension contributions up to 5% (matched by employee and employer)
- Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Private Health Insurance from 2nd anniversary
- Sickness & Disability income protection from 3rd anniversary
- On site gym membership at the Kensington Office
If this sounds like it could be of interest, apply now
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
Apply for this Job