Network Programme Manager
A well-known university is currently looking to bring on a Network Engineer for an initial 6 month contract to be part of a data-centre move to help with troubleshooting any connectivity issues with their existing Cisco Nexus Switches and Check Point Firewall.
Network Engineer will assist with migrating a number of existing service (physical and virtual) from legacy server rooms to the new facility.
- Cisco Nexus N7K &N9K
- Check Point Firewalls
- Physical routing and Patching of Fibre and Cooper
- Understanding of SFP Modules Fibre types, distance etc
- Troubleshooting physical connectivity issues
- Configuration of L2 Vlans
- Configuration of physical interfaces, LACP 'etherchannels' and 802.1x vlan trunks in a Cisco NX-OS environment
- Troubleshooting and fixing of L2 connectivity issues
- Use of Change Management / Service Desk tools to request and record changes.
- MS Office & Visio skills to update design documentation
- Desirable: Dell VXrail HCI, NetApp storage, Gemalto Encrypters
The client is looking for a Network Engineer that has a background working on networks and data migration within Higher Education.
If you have experience with Cisco Nexus OS - have worked on a migration before and been instrumental in moving servers from one data-centre to another please contact Stuart Bell at Computer Futures.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales