Platform Software Engineer (Embedded) (CF-33932579)
Reporting to the Device Driver Team Leader, the role will focus on development and maintenance of the product's low-level platform software, including the Embedded Linux Kernel and the associated Device Drivers along with bare metal development.
The new range of products will be based on an embedded Android platform, whilst not a requirement, some exposure to the Android Open Source Development project would be beneficial. Experience developing Android Apps is not required.
The candidate will have a structured approach to design, implementation, and verification. To thrive in this role, they will use their attributes as a natural collaborator and self-starting team worker along with good time management and communication skills.
Day to day:
* Design, implementation, testing and maintenance of low-level embedded software within the digital radio product range for a range of Operating Systems including Embedded Linux, Android, Free RTOS, SYS/BIOS, OSE and bare-metal development.
* Trialling and integrating open-source development tools for debugging, profiling, code-coverage, memory leak detection etc.
* Maintenance and enhancements of the Linux build and distribution tools.
* Definition and planning of software tasks across multiple components.
* The production of architectural, design and test specifications.
* Participation in project planning and technical reviews.
* Capable of providing technical leadership as necessary during course of their work.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales