Role: Principal Software Engineer (API Platforms)
Salary: £90k - £102k
Car Allowance: £5100
Bonus - 20%
Remote with occasional office visits
I'm currently recruiting for a Principal Software Engineer that specialises in API Platforms
The Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of detailed low-level designs, estimations, and day-to-day technical leadership across every engineering delivery team in the API Engineering function championing their API tech stack (i.e GraphQL, Java, NodeJS etc)
The Principal Software Engineer will be pivotal in ensuring the businesses technical implementation is robust and in alignment with Solution Architecture High-Level Designs, Design Authority KDDs and Engineering Enablement Standards and Best Practices.
The Principal Software Engineer will be a floating resource that sits across the engineering delivery teams bridging the gaps between target state architecture and real pragmatic low-level implementations driving them toward a strategic future.
The Principal Software Engineer will work closely with Engineering Managers and Senior Engineers within their Delivery Teams as an advisor, assessor of alignment, and technical expert.
They are looking for someone to be responsible for the promotion and driving forward at least one of the key API Platform Pillars (Approach, Technology, Governance and Eco-System) and working closely with other Principal Engineers to ensure a lined up and cohesive approach is taken so that it spans all four pillars to form a comprehensive technical delivery strategy.
You will be driving the business towards their "Destination 2025" strategy, which aims to position them as the first choice for customers, suppliers, people, and communities.
About the business
Global omni-channel solutions partner for industrial customers and suppliers. The business has operations in three geographical regions - the Americas, EMEA and APAC, supported by global organisations for supply chain, corporate functions, marketing, and product & supplier management.
Only a few international companies operate in the same space of our client, as most of them are regional and local providers, who largely trade offline. Our customer stock over 2,500 supplier brands, 500k products and 63% of their sales are digital.
Skills and experience (Java)
- Minimum Java 8+ Experience
- Spring Framework (General), Spring Boot (Specific) in the context of designing and building RESTful-based microservices
Skills and experience (NodeJS)
- Minimum NodeJS 18 Experience
- Express Framework (General) NestJs Framework (Specific) ) in the context of designing and building RESTful and GraphQL-based microservices
General Skills and experience
- Experience building and designing APIs (REST, GraphQL, gRPC)
- Experience of Messaging Protocols (AMQP)
- Design Patterns
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services (in AWS, Azure or similar), including serverless technologies.
- Experience with containerisation and related technologies, including Docker, Nomad / Kubernetes (orchestration).
- Knowledge/Experience working on databases with large datasets, monitoring and tuning performance
- Experience with version control systems such as Git (Gitlab preferable).
- CI / CD, pipelines and automation (GitLab CI, Circle CI, Jenkins etc.).
- Quality assurance, testing and system monitoring tools and observability.
- Experience in writing 'Infrastructure as code' (ideally in Terraform)
- Experience breaking down large problem spaces into smaller deliverable chunks and estimations
- Presentation Experience to large and senior audiences
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
Apply for this Job