RF Test Engineer
You have the opportunity to join a small, exciting and enthusiastic start-up company based in the heart of Cambridgeshire. This will be a permanent role delivering next generation telecommunications. You will be working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and on features/projects that will be constantly ongoing with exciting innovative implementations. The role will be technically stimulating and be permitted by an enthusiastic mind-set. The company are close to guided bus-way/cycleway access and sufficient parking facilities.
The RF Test Development Engineer will work as part of the development team you will use early prototypes to develop and test the microwave communication product, through product approvals to volume manufacture.
- Assisting with detecting faults and functional test using early prototypes
- Investigating product functional performance (Radio, GPS, throughput) in addition to thermal and regulatory (EMC and Radio) performance
- Provide support to external test facilities - Supporting production test (offshore) with NPI and assisting with test failure analysis
- Unit test of PCBs and assemblies using production of ATE diagnosing faults and providing suggestions for improved test coverage and fault identification.
- Able to use Microsoft Office Software for documenting
Skills and Experience
- Familiarity making modifications to SMT pcbs and creating/specifying test fixtures.
- Experience with European and US product approvals and environmental test, working with external test houses.
- Fault finding to component level for power supply, high speed digital and RF boards.
- RF circuit and system test knowledge, ideally at microwave frequencies.
- Assisting with fault finding and functional test of early prototype boards.
- Investigating product functional performance (radio, GPS, throughput) including thermal and regulatory(EMC and Radio) performance.
- Supporting offshore production test with New Product Introduction (NPI) and assisting with test failure analysis.
- Unit test of pcbs and assemblies using production ATE, diagnosing faults to component level and providing suggestions for improved test coverage and fault identification.
- Able to work indefinitely in the UK
- Full driving licence
- Willing to occasionally travel globally
The extremely generous salary and benefits package on offer is towards the top end of the market and flexible depending of your experience. If this is of interest and you would like to put forward an application for the role then please get in contact with Jessica Walker at Computer Futures or Apply Now!
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales