I have a great opportunity to work for a company that is recruiting due to wanting to further enhance their product range with new technologies.
The company is a big name within their domain, and have been in business over 25 years. Their main market is the US however they also operate in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and East Asia, and their customers love their products!
The team works mostly remote with trips to the office in Oxford roughly around once per month.
You will join a server team of 7 (soon to be 9) reporting into the head of development who looks after a team of 23 in total which is split into different functions such as front end and creative teams. The team is flat, everyone's opinions are valued regardless of their experience level. You and your team will help take their 100 million a year turnover up to 200 million by the end of the year which they are already on track for and everyone gets a bonus!
The culture is super collaborative. It's an environment for true techies that love what they do, have ideas and opinions and also take on other people's ideas.
You will have the ability to understand the business requirements and will be able to translate them from concept to deployment into a working solution within the specified deadlines.
As a Full Stack Developer you should be comfortable working with a variety of implementations across multiple platforms and have experience working within highly skilled and multifaceted teams, capable of utilising a range of tools and processes to build robust, scalable and modern applications.
As an experienced developer you will have worked on a variety of highly available applications and have experience collaborating with engineering teams around the world to design and launch ground-breaking new features.
You will have the experience and knowledge to take part in technology decisions and architecture discussions, advocate for engineering best practices across the teams you work with, acting as a mentor to junior members.
You will have a Mobile-First development mentality and be comfortable with tools such as Elastic Search, Rollbar, Jira etc as well as having a propensity for learning new tools and technologies to enhance your skillset.
The skills listed below show some, not all, of what you will be working with. The list is in order of importance. Don't worry if you don't have experience in all of them, but you must have experience with at leave the top 3 to be considered.
- Experience working as a Full Stack Developer utilising the Microsoft Stack (.NET, C#, .NET 6, ASP.NET Core/MVC)
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server (writing transact-SQL, stored procedures etc)
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools (TeamCity)
- Solid experience working with source control platforms and tools such as GIT.
- Experience with Cloudflare, AWS, Terraform (nice to have)
- Writing unit tests and using testing frameworks (Xunit, Nunit, Jest, Jasmine)
- Experience with logging tools (Elasticsearch, Rollbar Sentry)
- Solid experience in designing, developing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience working on high-traffic, responsive websites and applications;
- Knowledge and application of security best practices;
- Application of software development best practices;
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Sprints, Scrum, Stand-Ups)
If you would like to see a full job spec please send me your CV and I shall reply.
Salary range is negotiable between £50,000 - £90,000. The client will consider someone who isn't the finished article that shows promise, providing you hit a baseline criteria, or they will of course look at someone who will hit the ground running. Hence the wide salary band.
On top of salary you will receive benefits like Healthcare, Dental, Bonus, Gym membership, Pension and more.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
Apply for this Job