Senior Python Developer
Senior Python Developer opportunity to join the engineering team. You will be developing and maintaining the companies Blockchain framework, in readiness for in-house and external product development using this infrastructure.
You will building out the core technology ready for open sourcing this year. This role will involve maintaining and improving the framework, including feature additions, prior to and following the open sourcing.
This role suits a motivated and proactive individual with an interest in emerging technologies. If you're eager to learn new skills, take on more responsibilities, and enjoy creating things from scratch, this role is for you. Great opportunity to become part of a growing, fun, and ambitious team
What you'll do.
- Requirements gathering and design of new features
- Building high performance, distributed systems using Python 3.6
- Writing clean and readable code
- Working closely with the development and product teams to help with sprint planning
- Help the team and be creative! Work with your co-workers to build product solutions on the framework
- Support building the internal tooling for the deployment and analysis of deployed technologies
Who you are.
- Hold a MSc or BSc in Computer Science or related discipline/experience.
- Well versed in writing clean and idiomatic code with an emphasis on testing, and maintainability
- Strong attention to detail
- Inquisitive and creative with new features. How far can you push and create our framework?
- Enjoy working in an agile environment and on a variety of projects
- A team player, a lot of your work will be in small teams with some mentoring of junior members of staff as we grow
- Experience in a technical product environment
Your abilities and skills.
- Python 3.6/ asyncio
- Unix Environments (you should be able to operate from the terminal).
- Testing (py.test, tox)
- ZMQ, WebSockets, HTTP 1.1 and 2
- SQL (Preference on Sqlite3 and PostgreSQL, beyond basic SQL)
- Git (You should be able to resolve conflicts without a GUI)
- Knowledge or some understanding of Cryptography
- Experience using Docker
We all currently enjoy:
- Plenty of healthy snacks, fruit, and drinks in the office
- Health and wellbeing classes such as fitness sessions held on our private roof terrace
- Magazine subscriptions in the office including; HBR, Wired, FT, and The Economist
- A friendly, fun environment working alongside ambitious individuals and the occasional celebration
- Quarterly team bonding activities for all team members
Currently just for you - a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 25 holidays per year, plus bank holidays
- Entertainment subsidiary
- Professional development budget (after probationary period).
- BUPA healthcare cover (after probationary period).
- Flexible working hours in line with company requirements
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales