Senior Reliability Engineer
As a Senior Reliability Engineer you will be joining a business Founded in 2014 by four leading scientists from the University of Oxford. The company leverages the latest Machine Learning algorithms and data analytics technology to provide predictive data analysis software that can be utilised by a number of industries
About The Role:
As a DevOps/ SRE Engineer you will be joining the product development team at its inception, and will play a key role in turning the companies world class research into cutting edge software products.
As a reliability engineer you'll combine your software and systems engineering expertise in coding, system design, integration, deployment and ongoing maintenance, to help build and run the companies software systems.
The company is also planning to work with other technologies including C++, Rust and Go.
- You will be building high quality and well-crafted software for both pilot and end user products, using good software development practices (e.g. distributed source code management, code review, testing, pair programming).
- You will design solutions which integrate software modules into products for delivery to customers in pilot trials and final market released products.
- Monitor the capacity and performance of the companies systems with responsibility for optimising deployed systems, building infrastructure and using automation to eliminate work.
- Maintain software once live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Working with customers to ensure packaging and deployment into appropriate computing environments (cloud/on premises), with appropriate capacity planning, updates and improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5+ years experience building, deploying and maintaining production software.
- Proven software development experience, ideally in Python.
- Track record designing systems using serverless public cloud technologies (e.g AWS Lambda, Batch).
- Experience with performance measurement and profiling of software and hardware using Linux-based operating systems and tools.
- Experience of infrastructure as code (e.g. Ansible, Puppet).
- Understanding of container technologies (e.g. Docker).
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to an audience with a range of technical backgrounds.
- Dedication to lifelong learning and a willingness to teach and learn from peers.
What you get
A great opportunity to work in a growing technology company alongside talented engineers, working on cutting edge Science.
A rewarding Salary with progression opportunities, private healthcare, pension, shares, flexible working and more.
Dedicated time every week for blue sky projects, hacking and research
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales