Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer opportunity to join a Software Technology business in London.
This new Senior Software Engineer role has been recognised as a strategic priority by the Chief Technology Officer and it operates across the company's entire technology estate.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will oversee the software engineering components that are being taken through each stage of the development lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include the following key elements:
- Manage and respond to all assigned tickets and development items
- Ensure all code developed is reviewed
- Ensure developed code is tested and functional before handing over to QA
- Manage, maintain and develop development projects using the existing product architecture
- Learn and practice new technology, tools and third-party products that are incorporated into the development environment
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Adhere to project plans and timing and flag potential plan risks to the Development Manager
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Work independently with little supervision
- Analyse business requirements and create technical specifications using company standards and methodologies
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the SE team to come up with new ideas and solutions
You will need to be someone who is comfortable working and building relationships with users, stakeholders and senior management to continually be aware of the business challenges.
Skills and Experience Required
We know it's not a skill, but the successful candidate must have permission to work in the role's location by the start of their employment.
You will also need;
- Experience in the same or similar role
- Advanced level in Object oriented concepts, Design Patterns
- Knowledge about the Domain Driven Design concepts
- Experience of working using the SCRUM (or similar) agile process management framework
- Good knowledge about working with Git (or similar) and related concepts such as rebasing, merging, branching
- Experience of using (or writing custom) web applications using frameworks (e.g. ExpressJS, Loopback, Hapi, Koa, Sails.js, etc) or comparable custom approach
- velopment, deployment, delivery, integration, quality, security, etc (Azure, AWS or other cloud is fine)
- Using different types of data stores - key value store (e.g. Redis), document database (e.g. MongoDB), Relational databases (e.g. MySql), or others.
- Some understanding of cloud native application development
- API based backend to support multiple front ends
- Exposure to other language, application stack (e.g. java, dotNet, C++, C# etc)
- Exposure to front-end frameworks (e.g. reactJS, vueJS, angular, etc)
- Some understanding of architecture styles (e.g. microservices, multi-layered, event-driven)
- Appreciation of developing a solution spanning on-premise and cloud-based components
- Understanding of streaming, serverless, analytics will be bonus.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales