Remote with 2-3 days on-site in North Yorkshire or North Nottinghamshire
£50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
Job Summary & Role
Working within the Controls and Automation department to develop software on a range of platforms for industrial control products. The primary developments you will be involved in are the companies suite of configuration, SCADA tools and remote telemetry system.
In addition, there will be a number of ancillary tools and business systems that require development, as well as occasional IT support.
Key Responsibilities & Main Duties
- Work at project inception to capture requirements for software development,
- Increase knowledge of power generation, control and automation system applications
- Produce professional documentation as a key part of the full development lifecycle.
- Mobile application development for Android and iOS mobile applications.
- Remain up to date with the latest technologies and make suggestions on how these can be used,
- be open and innovate in the use of new programming platforms and tools.
- Work with marketing to design and implement modern user interfaces and experiences
- Visual basic .NET and C#
- Java script
- Revision control systems
- DevOps / TFS / Git
- Back ground in electrical systems, knowledge of the power generation industry
- HTML, PHP
- API programming (JSON)
- Experience with multiple programming languages in a commercial engineering department
- Previous experiences of controls and automation software development.
- Understanding of networking in a high availability environment
- Hypervisor setup, configuration and management (vSphere/ESXi)
- Linux server setup and health monitoring (CentOS or other RedHat based distro)
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales