Software Engineer (CF-33953053)
Backend Developer opportunity to join an Oxford based company focused on energy efficiency and renewable energy. Would you like to feel empowered and know that what you are working on is doing some good in the world? Come and join this company working in the 'Tech for Good' space!
The company is on a mission to help people reduce their carbon footprint, improve energy efficiency and promote behavioural change.
The company use a wide variety of software technologies and host service components through extensive use of managed Amazon Web Services (AWS). The company build iOS and Android apps using React Native and web apps with React. The company has big ambitions to grow and an exciting roadmap planned, so we're looking for engineers to make all the stuff happen! Come and be part of the solution!
Backend Developer position (AWS) - Up to £75,000 + Great Benefits - Oxford - (Hybrid)
You will have had experience working on scalable AWS cloud based projects, and a track record of delivering fit-for-purpose and robust systems. You will be passionate about software as well as the renewables sector and climate change.
The Role Requirements
You will be a key member of the team, your responsibilities will be varied and you will be involved on a day-to-day basis in numerous aspects of our software development including:
- Key responsibilities:
- Design, architecture, and end-to-end delivery of software components
- Systems engineering:
- System design of new (or refactored) functionality
- Writing AWS software components and API development
- Refactoring code to support scalability
- Adhere to and promote best industry standards
- Development of unit and integration testing
- Documenting solution design, presenting work and peer review
- Delivery /Lifecycle:
- Helping to build and maintain DevOps, CI software pipeline, monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Work closely with QA/DevOps team to resolve problems and deploy software
- Technical support, fault investigation and third line support
- Planning & estimating:
- Contributing to regular planning sessions, time estimation, daily standup meetings and process review (agile/scrum)
Core Skills and Experience Required:
- AWS serverless architecture
- Java / Python
- Git / GitHub
- Ability to work in an complex established codebase
- Good communicator
And experience in any of the following would be advantageous: (Not required)
- RESTful architectures
- Knowledge of microservices/scalable architecture
- Swagger / OpenAPI
- AWS; Lambda, ECS, DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway, Batch, Step Functions, EventBridge, Cognito, IAM, Athena
- Monitoring: Cloudwatch Metrics / Datadog
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
- API validation/testing: Postman
- CI/CD platform: Circle CI
If this sounds like something you could be interested in, apply now!
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales