Permanent, Full Time
I have an exciting opportunity for a Software Tester to join a rapidly expanding security solutions provider in Tewkesbury. You will be joining the cross-functional testing team that fits within the engineering (product assurance) department.
I am looking for someone that has the ability to work independently and in a team. You must be proactive, highly motivated and show that you have proven ability to meet with deadlines. Having strong analytical skills, enquiring and investigative mind and able to troubleshoot problems is very important.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to learn new skills on the job whilst having the willingness to take on new challenges.
Overall Objective of Role:
- Product testing is typically related to access control, digital video and intrusion detection, requiring software/hardware integration testing to achieve new product delivery.
- The role is predominantly manual software testing but may also encompass aspects of Test Automation and Hardware / Firmware test.
- To achieve the qualification of in-house Software and Hardware Products and related third-party integrations as 'fit for purpose'.
- Ensure that products meet design specifications and perform as required.
- Identify and clearly record defects on a central database.
- Create, maintain and follow test cases based on product specifications.
- Record 'Test Runs' to provide evidence of product maturity and test coverage.
- Create or Maintain release notes / documentation relating to the products being tested.
- Suggest and record product enhancements which could be incorporated into future releases.
- Identify new opportunities to improve test quality and coverage.
- To identify automated testing opportunities.
- To participate, as required, in the company's Quality program.
Previous Experience / Training:
- Previous experience within an IT environment working with Microsoft Windows Platforms.
- Recent Software Testing Experience
- Installation & configuration of Windows operating systems (Server & Client) and associated software.
- Configuring PC's to run on networked environments.
- Software Testing / Evaluation.
- Using VMware in a test environment.
- Using Automation to achieve test.
- Performance testing \ benchmarking.
- Following, modifying and creating accurate Test Cases.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Interpret and follow product specifications to ensure stakeholder expectations are met.
- Ability to write clear, well-structured reports and Technical documents.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and associated test methodologies.
- Comfortable working with Hardware Products including wiring of electronic interfaces
- Knowledge of PC Hardware and peripherals, ability to connect and configure hardware devices. (Desirable)
- Experience of Database/client Software (E.g. MS SQL Server). (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Access Control or Security Products. (Desirable)
- Network Security / Cryptography (Desirable)
Attainments / Qualifications:
- GCSE Mathematics and English at C grade or above (Essential)
- HNC/HND qualification, ideally in a relevant technical discipline (Desirable)
- Relevant certification in Software Quality Assurance (Desirable)
- Relevant IT certification (Desirable)
In return you will receive a competitive salary with a generous pension scheme and 25 days holiday + bank holidays. As well as a long list of perks including free on-site parking, private health care, regular team social events as well as flexible working hours.
If this could be of interest and you would like to know more or reach out directly to Charlotte Perks.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales