Python Developer (CF-33915034)
My client is a software company and a Cisco Technology Partner that specialises in creating innovative customer solutions using a range of IoT devices including cameras and other sensors.
They are in the early stages of their development but such is the response to their initial range of customer solutions that they are growing quickly and have an immediate need to recruit a Python Developer to work alongside their Solution Architect and Product Development Team.
This is an opportunity to become involved in the early stages of what is rapidly becoming a highly successful software business.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for candidates who have a genuine passion and flair for software development. This is a remote working position, located in Ireland and the successful candidate must have access to good quality broadband and a secure remote office facility such as a home office or local commercial facility.
Experience of delivering solutions using Python is important.
If English is not your first language then a high degree of proficiency is essential.
A passion and enthusiasm for IoT is important as you will be developing solutions using Computer Vision and other IOT sensors.
What are the required skills?
- Very competent with Python, both with and without the use of frameworks such as Django and Flask
- Linux is your main OS. This is significant and applications from candidates whose experience is mainly with Windows OS will not be considered.
- You have good experience with Git and a good understanding of the OOP paradigm
- Experience with REST and SOAP API Services is required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Python
- Good understanding of various software design patterns
Skills that are a plus!
- Familiarity with modern DevOps tools
- Cloud application software development
- Other programming languages e.g. Java and C++
- SQL databases, preferably MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
To translate the instructions of a Solutions Architect into functional software using Python in the development of a range of customers solutions in the field of Computer Vision and AI.
You will be working with a team of professionals focused on the vision of delivering products that simply amaze.
Our team is strong on collaboration, and you'll interact with Product Manager, Solution Architect, Lead Software Engineer, Managing Director and fellow programmers on a daily basis.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales