Back End Engineer
Global company with a great vision. They specialise in disruptive technology in the MedTech market
International environment that would suit candidates who wants a good work/life balance, and to be part of global projects working with team members all over the world.
We aim to create industry defining software and are looking for core team members to join us in the endeavour and many more to come.
We were recently voted a top 5 startup in Asia by Forbes magazine!
Perks / Services Offered
- Visa support（we prepare and apply）
- Flex time
- Partial remote, we will likely introduce full remote work in the coming months for those that want to
- 2 step interview process, online or F2F
- Finding a new home support, and introduce real estate agent
- Moving fee support if moving to Japan - due to the current situation is may be put on hold
- Annual home coming leave and home coming support fee - we will pay for you and your family to fly home once a year and give you additional time off
- Conference support, if you want to attend a conference -in japan or outside we will pay for you to go
- Learning support - We provide free Japanese/English Lessons and will buy any tech related books you would like to study
- Regular salary reviews
- No overtime
Our R&D team is looking to hire Back End Engineers to join us in our offices in Tokyo
architect, build and maintain health care and first aid application servers. You will be developing new features, maintaining and improving existing features, and reviewing code from other engineers.
The best candidates will have professional experience developing secure REST and GraphQL APIs in Ruby on Rails, and good understanding about database (e.g. Postgres) query optimization.
We use Git for version control, and issues/features/milestones are managed with Gitlab. The candidate should be comfortable working with these tools. Familiarity with the Git Flow branching and development process would be ideal, but not necessary.
We're looking for self-starting, motivated people who are as passionate about learning and improving themselves and their knowledge.
Our team communicates primarily in English, and so the ability to communicate clearly and fluently in English is a requirement for this job.
Successful candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience developing server side APIs in any web framework (eg. Ruby on Rails, Play, Phoenix, Express, etc.)
- At least 2 of those years developing in a recent version of Ruby on Rails (v5 or newer) and accompanying gems (eg. RSpec)
- Experience with unit, functional and integration testing
- Experience with building performant REST and/or GraphQL APIs for mobile and web clients
- Experience with building authentication and authorization controls
- Experience with writing efficient SQL queries for large tables with structured and unstructured data types
- Knowledge and ability to apply software engineering principles, patterns, and best practices. (eg. MVC, YAGNI, DRY, code review, testing, refactoring, etc.)
- Can collaborate with designers, project managers, and engineers to achieve project goals.
- Advanced knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Advanced knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 and other SSO technologies
- Experience with continuous integration pipelines
- Experience with Docker for development and deployment