Cyber Security Specialist
Japanese manufacturer headquarted in Tokyo.
This position has opened up recently to increase the capability of the cyber security incidence response team and will focus on strategy planning, introducing new security measures and platforms, implement and manage said measure and platforms, coordinate with Japanese and Overseas branches, and troubleshoot and respond to security breakdowns. The company is looking for someone with strong technical experience in the areas of Information/ Cyber security while also possess strong leadership, project management, communication and problem solving skills.
The Information Security team has 5 permanent staff, 6 contractors and consultants, and the company can offer a flexible work environment with flex time and telework, great work/ life balance, and a chance to help grow and expand the security capabilities of this team.
- Information Security experience in internal IT, consulting, telecom or security vendor.
- Incident response experience, ability to work independently to solve critical security issues.
- Fluent Japanese (JLPT 1 or better) and conversational English (TOEIC 600 or better). Must be able to able to read and write emails in English.
- Bachelor's Degree in any field, ideally in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Project Management experience implementing security platforms, governance, data protection and/or policy.
- Configuration and analysis experience with security platforms.
- Possess one of or several security certifications such as CEH, CISM, CISSP, CISA, SOX, CCSP, etc.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication - ability to communicate in both technical and user environments.
- Ability to adequately document and describe processing requirements for software systems and policies.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic to work towards an agreed-upon schedule.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Flexibility, must be able to troubleshoot and investigate incidents.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to solve problems in practical ways using innovation, good judgment, creativity, and strategic thinking.