I am seeking a seasoned Tech Lead / Head of Development to support a consultancy in the IT sector in London.
It is an interim to permanent post (no obligation to go permanent) and the post is Outside IR35.
The seasoned Tech Lead / Head of Development with proficiency in Laravel and Laravel-associated technologies to join our System Development team. The successful candidate will play a key technology leadership role in the development and enhancement of our proprietary financial software, which is currently undergoing migration to a new architecture based on the Laravel framework.
This role is an exceptional opportunity to lead a small team of developers, maintaining accountability for the team's output and fostering a collaborative and efficient work environment. Your key responsibilities will include managing the system development according to both existing pipeline and new requests and setting the development strategy and approach.
The successful candidate should have excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with non-technical members of the wider systems team and the business, mentor junior developers, and engage with external clients and stakeholders when necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of developers, overseeing the development and implementation of high-quality PHP code within agreed timelines.
- Guide the team in migrating existing functionality and developing the system based on current and future needs.
- Provide insightful recommendations for future architectural solutions and software cost management.
- Create and manage technical project documentation.
- Offer 2nd level technical support for various system environments within agreed SLA's.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, embracing change, and striving for excellence.
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure the team's output aligns with the company's coding standards and principles.
- Drive the pace of development according to business needs through management of the pipeline and efficient use of resources.
- Cultivate and maintain a client/customer centric culture through the way you work and the service you provide.
- Embrace change and continuously improve the work we do and the way we do it.
- Assume ownership of the tasks and responsibilities you are assigned.
- Work closely with and support your colleagues to collectively achieve success.
- Capability to work independently or with the team, offering insight and guidance, as there may be limited technical supervision while in-house development capability is being established.
- Aptitude for identifying and addressing unique challenges creatively as Kin grows.
- Capacity to adjust to changing requirements and priorities as Kin seizes new opportunities.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in a Tech Lead role, demonstrating effective leadership in a software development team.
- A proven and solid understanding of software development management, with a history of recommending cost-effective and pragmatic solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to balance technical, business, and client requirements, ensuring efficient and effective project outcomes.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and team management skills, with the ability to mentor and grow junior team members.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in PHP programming.
- Experience with Laravel-associated technologies: Laravel Livewire, Laravel Jetstream, Laravel Blade, Laravel Sail, and Laravel Vapor.
- Direct experience with AWS infrastructure and services.
- Record of delivering high-quality software projects on time and within budget.
- Extensive knowledge of PHP 8.2 and proficiency in PostgreSQL.
- Experience in RESTful API design and development.
- Abilities in writing maintainable and scalable code adhering to specific coding standards and styles.
- Proven ability in managing version control systems, preferably Git.
- Demonstrable ability in conducting regular code reviews and enforcing high standards in code quality.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in a start-up environment, ideally in the financial sector.
- Experience in building and maintaining CI pipelines and creating/maintaining automated unit and feature tests.
- Proficiency in modern front-end frameworks such as React, Vue.js, or AngularJS.
- Background in UI/UX design principles.
We value candidates who demonstrate a clear passion for our mission and values, take ownership of their work, and possess a clear vision of how their contributions and leadership impact the overall success of the company.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and WalesApply for this Job