Japan - APAC Network Operations Senior Manager
Background Of Recruitment
We have transformed our IT infrastructure operations into a global team structure. You will build and operate a worldwide enterprise network environment. As part of this global network operations team, we need people who can manage Japan and the Asian region.
- Lead the regional team responsible for managing all aspects of an enterprise network environment, including LAN, WAN, WLAN, Voice and mobile services.
- Identify and drive strategic and tactical initiatives to ensure highly reliable, highly available network services that meet business objectives at the best value and total cost of ownership.
- Facilitate continual system improvements and optimization.
- Manage and oversee network projects, delivering quality services on-time, on-target, and within budget. Project management will include solution design, development and maintenance of project schedules and communication of status updates on project milestones.
- Mentor and provide professional development of team members, facilitating a success driven environment based on ownership, team work, and execution while continually aligning with business vision, goals, objectives, strategies and executing tactically.
- Responsible for service provider management to ensure key performance indicators are measured and maintained.
- Evaluation of existing service contracts and development of Request for Proposals/Quotes (RFP/RFQ).
- Responsible for vendor management to ensure on-going operational support, inventory and lifecycle management.
- Be available to lead a team requiring 24x7 on-call coverage covering network-related services and be willing when needed to likewise be available.
- Occasional project-based travel and flexible to work outside of local business hours.
- Multilingual fluency with Japanese and English written and verbal skills required.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers in a team-oriented environment, lead network related projects and take ownership of problem resolution as required.
- Must be able to lead in sound troubleshooting methodologies to remediate business application impacting events efficiently.
- LAN familiarity should include a working knowledge of Layer 2/3 switching, IP routing technologies and cabling infrastructure standards as well as configuration and implementation experience.
- An understanding of WAN architectures, including TDM and Ethernet, site-to-site VPN and packet switching technologies such as frame relay or MPLS is desirable. Must possess troubleshooting skills to lead in WAN related problem isolation and work with service providers on resolution.
- Knowledge of security frameworks to include NGFW, sandboxing, and UTM with Fortinet a plus.
- Knowledge of DNS, IP Domain architecture, and certificate management required.
- Experience with Cisco wireless LAN hardware, configuration, security and support aspects within an enterprise environment is highly desirable.
【NICE TO HAVE】
- 15+ years' experience required managing enterprise level Information Technology (IT) systems for multi-site environments overseeing architecture, design, implementation, maintaining and troubleshooting aspects IT services.
- Knowledge of network management system, using SNMPv3, APIs, netconf, Yang, required.
- Experience with WAN Optimization technologies needed.
- Experience with delivering converged voice/data/video services using COS/QOS aligned with business priorities.
- Experience implementing application performance monitoring (APM) solutions preferred.
- Knowledge of SDN and SD-WAN experience preferred.
- Knowledge of facilities planning and installation to include network cable plant, power and cooling.
- Industry certifications preferred (ITILv4, Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma, TOGAF 9, CompTIA Project+)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or other technical discipline preferred.