Japan IT Director
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Sectors: Senior & Executive
Job Type: Permanent
Global healthcare company.
- Manage subordinate team members and/or experienced IT professionals and/or oversee the work of one or more departments or locations
- Plan and direct multiple complex projects with the accountability for successful completion of all project deliverables to the business within established financial, schedule, scope, and quality objectives.
- Lead in identifying risk, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, critical path, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with project managers
- Manage defined set of business applications or technologies to ensure performance according to business needs and IT standards, upgrades, performance, functionality enhancements, security, validation, and general maintenance
- Lead efforts to reengineer and optimize business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing, and implementing technology solution options. Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in business processes or technology in the area of responsibility.
- Define effective and efficient business process workflow, including process modifications prior to system implementation in partnership with stakeholders
- Develop ROI based business cases for enhancements and moderately complex projects in collaboration with stakeholders. Develop and continuously provide annual updates to strategic plans and multi-year roadmaps in support of AOP.
- Develop solution analysis, business requirements, cost benefit analysis, risk assessment and business impact analysis in partnership with IT Architecture team
- Assess new technologies and methods to enhance ability to execute and meet customer needs
- Manage hosted and SaaS vendors while ensuring all activities are delivered in compliance with normal policies, procedures, technology standards, security requirements, etc.
- Create bridge-building solutions that improve client relationships.
- Other incidental duties assigned by Leadership
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent 13 years years experience Working experience Required or Master's Degree or equivalent 10 years years experience Working experience Required
- Expert understanding of IT procedures while identifying applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
- Expert understanding of related aspects of IT processes and/or equipment while ensuring processes and/or equipment are optimal across areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to manage one or more IT teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
- Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of IT to the business
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
- Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
- Ability to ensure team alignment to strategic goals and initiatives through regular communication
- Ability to coach/mentor team members, including dotted line reports as necessary. Align team members in roles to best take advantage of their strengths and to grow/diversify their skill sets
To find out more about Computer Futures, please visit www.computerfutures.com