This company is known for its outstanding services in the industry of mobile point-of-sale and is a leader here in Japan.
Reporting to the Head of Seller Communications based in California, the PR Manager will play a key role in shaping the company's media communications to empowers entrepreneurs, business owners, and corporations with tools to help them start, run, and grow their businesses. The PR manager will run communications in Japan for our Seller business, representing their portfolio of products and services for businesses of all sizes such as payments technology, hardware, point of sale software, eCommerce tools, and more.
- Develop communications initiatives that build awareness of their products, showcase their customers, highlight their technology, and develop the brand.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with key internal stakeholders, including Product teams, Corporate Communications, Marketing, Content & Digital, and Legal.
- Develop and maintain reporter relationships across national, local, business, tech, and vertical publications.
- Handle media briefings, spokespeople training, and prep Japan-based Square sellers for media opportunities.
- Create written materials, including press releases, data reports, briefing documents, communications plans and FAQs, blog posts, and other collateral.
- Serve as on-the-record spokesperson and collaborate on rapid response.
- Fluency in Japanese and English.
- Demonstrated relevant work experience at either a PR agency, media organisation, or an in-house communications team.
- Experience managing a variety of communications scenarios, especially product and feature launches, proactive campaigns, and data storytelling.
- Experience uncovering stories, data, and other insights that can create coverage and advance company narratives in the down-cycles between product launches or announcements.
- Media relations skills with examples of creating coverage in national, local, business, tech, and vertical publications.
- Experience working with colleagues located around the world.
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
**Due to a large number of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted**