We are an international software product orientated company that strongly values its software development team. We build first class online software suites for Japanese industry in the SaaS and education fields and have an international team of engineers and designers working in both English and Japanese.
We have high staff retention rates and care strongly about building first class products. If you are of the same mindset, and like to ship top quality products and take pride in the software your team builds, come and join us.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master on our key product software development team. As a key member of an Agile development team, you will be responsible for guiding the team with agile methodology, solution proposals and supporting key stakeholders. Your job is to make sure the project is working smoothly, and every team member has tools to get their work done efficiently. You will work closely with both front-end and back-end developers, app developers, QA Engineers, Product Owners, and UX/UI designers. You will become an integral part of a diverse team working in an organization where our employees come first.
What You'll Do
- Guide and coach a Scrum team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality software products to our customers
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines
- Coach the Scrum team in self-organization, domain knowledge and ensure they communicate effectively, both internally and externally
- Help the product owner and development team to achieve client satisfaction
- Coach the scrum team on removing obstructions
- Facilitate and support all scrum events: Product and Release Backlogs, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums and Sprint Retrospectives
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- 1-5 years' Scrum Master experience in any well-known software environment
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models
- Ability to analyse and think quickly and to resolve conflicts
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Self-starter with minimal management from supervisor
- Good command of English required, Japanese knowledge while not essential is highly desired