Senior Application Engineer
About the company
This is the world's leading brand in more than 70 countries and regions around the world. In Japan, the number of stores has increased siginificantly over the past 8 years and plans to double it in the next 5 years.
The business strongly thriving even under this situation!
Promote stable operation of online order platform and other systems supporting shops and customers. Also, diagnose and solve application problems as a technical professional familiar with web services in the cloud environment and identify solutions by appropriately utilizing tools and resources.
- Identify the root cause of problems before they have a major impact upon business process and communicating these with relevant stakeholders for resolution.
- Create alerting and monitoring around critical and non-critical systems to ensure that they are performant during business trading hours.
- Provide operational stability to the online ordering platform.
- Training and Mentoring colleagues in new processes and coding best practices.
- Engage with the wider Global Cloud operations team to align new processes, document and then present new initiatives to the Japan team.
- Creating and Driving new initiatives to optimise tasks and processes.
- Open to travel internationally to engage with the Australia SME Support team.
- Manage projects as a consultant and technical expert.
Rewards & Benefits
- Great flexibility (Core time is 11:00 - 16:00 etc. / Remote work system)
- High salary standard
- Powerful business growth
- Friendly work environment
- Free lunch every Thursday
- Career path to other countries' offices
- Great training system
- Good chance to be promoted quickly
Skills & Experience
- Business level English / Daily conversation level Japanese
- SQL development skill
- Online Systems / Web Application Support OR Public Cloud Services experience (AWS, Azure or GCP)
= Preferred (Nice to have) =
- Microsoft software development technologies - .NET, VB6
- MS SQL DB Server administration and T-SQL query language
- Microsoft IIS Server 7.0 and above
- Microsoft Server Operating System and services
- Relevant industry experience and certifications
- Public Cloud Certifications (MS Azure, AWS)
- ITIL Foundations
- Higher than tertiary qualifications in Information Technology
- APM Monitoring, alerting and automation exposure.
- SDLC practices