Senior Application Specialist
This role will be reporting to the Japan Local IT Head and is responsible to manage and deliver projects and application portfolio in Sales & Marketing, commercial, sales distribution business operation across all divisions in an innovative, robust and stable way.
This role is expected to build a collaborative partnership with business key users, provide an effective / stable / sound IT landscape to business in M&S domain.
He/She will be responsible to manage the existing Application portfolio, M&S commercial projects & digitalization opportunities by identifying and executing on consolidation and rationalization global solutions to the regional/local market.
He/she should have senior project management skills, application design experience, M&S business process knowledge and experience to be credible by all layers of the organization and expected to work beyond below accountabilities.
- Translate Solution Design into software code and configuration
- Engineer, develop, implement, maintain, test, and improve software code
- Conduct software code reviews/walk-throughs to ensure compliance with applicable coding standards (hence securing long-term maintainability of code)
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary, e.g. to improve performance
- Analyze and re-factor software code as deemed necessary
- Proactively check demands against global strategies and IT standards - consider local go-to market approach
- Technology advisor for CRM and Analytics platforms such as VEEVA, SFDC and Qlik.
- Management of technical projects, studies and pilot
- IT change management
- Excellent knowledge of specific coding standards (e.g. JAVA,.NET) and strong DB knowledge/related data integration (interfaces) environments. (Required)
- Proven expertise in Agile Development Frameworks (Required)
- Understanding of Security & Quality standards (Required)
- Knowledge in the Japan commercial pharmaceutical market (Required)
- Knowledge in the IT Project management (Required)
- Knowledge in Application Development methodologies (Required)
- Communication skills at all levels of the organization both technical and non-technical (Required)
- Work on multiple critical tasks simultaneously in pressure environment. (Required)
- Management skill both local and global IT vendor. (Required)
- Knowledge in Cloud solution architecture (Required)
- Knowledge of CRM applications (VEEVA, SFDC), analytics platforms (Qlik, Tableau) (Required)
- Knowledge in multi-channel marketing in the Japan pharmaceutical market (Desired)
- Interpersonal skills at all organizational level across global and local stakeholders (Required)
- 5+ years of experience in software engineer (Required)
- 5+ years of leading experience in international and diversified organization (Required)
- 5+ years of experience in IT Project management (Required)
- 5+ years of experience with global IT project Japan rollout (Required)
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry (Pharma industry project experience in consulting or IT vendor are also considered). (Required)
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science (Desired)
- PMP certified (Desired)
- Native Japanese speaker (Required)
- Business-level English speaker (Desired)
- Strong English abilities to discuss, negotiate, and persuade with stakeholders in global teleconference (Desired)