C++ Software Engineer
You have the opportunity to work with a creative and ambitious start-up company who are looking to recruit a seasoned C++ Engineer into their dynamic and highly efficient team.
The team size includes about 30 developers who are pro-active problem solvers and motivated by curiosity.
You will be working in a fast paced environment and on features/ projects that will be constantly ongoing and never stop growing. There is a lot of R+D in this role and the successful candidate might of come from an R+D background.
- Maintain and expand the capabilities of the shared libraries that form the backbone of our software architecture and, in particular, on communications with the UAVs and networking among the ground segment applications.
- Work closely with other teams and the product managers to deliver new project-specific features. Analyse requirements, plan their implementation and deliver working software in a timely manner
- Contribute to the development of other internal R&D tools, as needed Contribute to testing, debugging, profiling and optimizing all our ground segment applications Propose and implement improvements and new features, potentially taking ownership of one area of the code base
Essential skills and experience… what are we looking for?
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience that must include a very good knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals)
- Proven C++ and the C++ STL skills and knowledge, ideally with demonstrable commercial experience
- Very good knowledge of object orientated programming concepts and design patterns
- Experience working on cross-platform projects on two or more of Windows, Linux, Mac, consoles (PS4, Xbox One) and mobile (iOS, Android).
- Demonstrable experience developing and debugging multi-threaded applications
- Strong understanding of networking protocols and network programming (sockets, TPC, UDP, HTTP, etc.)
- Performance optimization: profiling, identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks, efficient memory management, etc.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- The ability to multitask and plan your time efficiently is a must
- Good knowledge of Windows and Visual Studio
- An innovative thinker, genuine problem solver with can-do mindset
Reward and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (£depending on experience)
- EMI share options scheme
- Flexible working
- Work from home option
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Generous Pension Scheme
If this is of interest and you would like to put forward an application for the role then please get in contact with Oli Rayner at Computer Futures or Apply Now!
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales