Citrix VDI Engineer
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Sectors: Cloud & Infrastructure
Job Type: Contract
- Ability to work standard Monday through Friday business hours with occasional on-call after hours support and maintenance window
- Hands on experience of deploying and managing Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019. Group Policy and ActiveDirectory.
- ActiveDirectory forest and domain management, administration, and troubleshooting to include AD site & services, DNS, replication, AD Domain upgrades, AD FS
- Support and troubleshoot Network traffic related issues.
- Troubleshoot XenApp, XenDesktop services
- Troubleshoot Citrix XenApp hosted application and Windows errors at the Server level.
- Administer XenApp servers. Publishing applications, troubleshooting user connection issues, maintaining and updating existing applications.
- Perform regular reviews, strategic assessments, health checks, security updates, and diagnosis of customer Citrix/VDI environments
- Troubleshoot, update, and administer NetScaler ADC and VPX
- Utilize VMware vSphere client and vCenter to proactively identify and resolve potential issues in a Virtualized Windows Server environment
- Troubleshoot and Administer Horizon VDI environment (v 5, 6, 7)
- Horizon View 7.3 - Virtual desktop infrastructure, cloud computing, vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Orchestrator, vCloud Air
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize simultaneous high visibility customer escalations
- Ability to document processes and assist in creating standardized procedures.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with internal team and customer IT contacts
- Organizational skills and ability run projects from beginning to end
- 5+ years of IT experience including IT services and support
- 3-5+ years of Windows Server administration
- 5+ years of Citrix / VMware / Microsoft virtualization experience is a must
- Knowledge of network architectures and data communication protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Basic knowledge of Firewall, VPN configuration, and switching
- Industry Relevant Certification (MCITP, MCP, CCA) or ability to achieve one within 90 days
- Certifications - CCP-N, CCE-N, VCP 5 or later.
- Experience in consulting and/or a professional services environment is preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team supporting an enterprise virtualization solution.
- Windows 10 experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- US citizenship required.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.