Cloud Architect (CF-33939725)
Our client, a large insurance company, is curently looking for a Cloud Architect who specializes in AWS.
This is a fully remote contract role and we can only work with W2 candidates only at this time.
As a solution architect with strong leadership skills who is passionate about customer experience and familiar with design thinking practices, you will be responsible for driving transformational change through the architecture of the Commercial Customer journeys for the Bond and Specialty Insurance unit of a global, Dow 30 company.
* Help build the roadmap for our customer journeys.
* Provide architectural strategy and subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas (dependent on knowledge and expertise):
o Design Thinking
o User Experience
o Integration Patterns (APIs, Events)
o Design Patterns
o Domain Driven Design (DDD) and associated techniques (ie Event Storming)
* Provide overall technical leadership for end-to-end solutions.
* Be a key influencer in the evolution of how we deliver business value to our customers.
* Develop guidelines and guardrails to enable teams to be more self-sufficient.
* Help raise up the technical skill level of the teams you support.
* Drive a test and learn mindset through the organization.
YOU should join us if you…
* Are a passionate technology professional who enjoys solving complex puzzles.
* Understand the difference between getting something out to market to learn, vs. delivering a fully hardened production system.
* Are comfortable with ambiguity; creating hypothesis and coming up with efficient and effective ways of proving/disproving them is your everyday way of working.
* Have the desire to be a lifelong learner, enjoy sharing your knowledge by coaching others, and enable others to continuously improve through coaching and mentorship.
* Measure your own success by the success of the team and the satisfaction you bring to our customers.
* Know how to have fun, while getting the job done.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Architecture responsibility within a major segment of Technology Architecture in support of the Bond and Specialty business unit
Leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions
Hands-on prototyping of new technology solutions
Partner with Software Engineering to execute proof of technologies
Provides architecture direction for engineers in support of a technical pattern
Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt
Create a partnership with Software Engineering
Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
Participates in defining target state technology architecture and roadmaps
Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
Five years of experience in engineering software or analytic applications within a line of business area
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
Bachelor's in technology related field or equivalent with 4+ years of technology Engineering experience
Organizational experience in an agile operating model
Established work in proof of concepts and technology
Strong proven Software Engineering experience
Supports technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals
Insurance technology experience desired
Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
Must be passionate about technology transformations
Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API Strategy
Current experience with AWS, APIs, accelerators, DevSecOps
Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
Good understanding of security
Experienced with large scale technology platforms
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com