Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
A Dublin based international business is seeking an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join their team. This is an initial 6 month engagement with a chance of extension.
- Architect AWS based solutions for custom developed applications.
- Automate provisioning of both cloud-based infrastructure and application deployment/configuration to support the development organization.
- Identify, develop, implement and improve infrastructure/operations activities for automation with Cloud experience, particularly with AWS
- Contribute to organizational usage of Identity Access Management (IAM) in both day to day operations and building processes / tooling to support those operations.
- Proactively monitor, mitigate issues and administer a growing production footprint with diverse applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments through proven detail-oriented analysis in root cause scenarios and technical deep dives
- Contribute to team efforts to maintain processes and tools for infrastructure, monitoring and operations with clear documentation
- Create and refine tools and scripts to both monitor and measure application performance
- Implement strategies for optimization, high availability and recovery
- Ability to communicate well with multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Efficiently manage multiple work streams with clear and proactive communication of status, as both a self-starter and a team player.
Qualifications & Experience needed:
- Strong Windows and intermediate Linux administration background
- Strong automation mindset based on past success, including ability to provide automation guidance to team members and developers.
- Automation Frameworks particularly Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation or similar "Infrastructure as Code" solutions (Chef, SaltStack etc.).
- Strong capabilities in scripting (Python, PowerShell, AWS CLI, Bash)
- AWS Support level experience with EC2, ELB, S3, VPC, CodeCommit/git, and Route53 DNS
- Application Monitoring experience, preferably including AWS CloudWatch.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, deep-dives, and debugging.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure operations best practices, including experience in IT Operations in a highly available model
- Strong Web Server experience in IIS, Apache, or Tomcat
If you are interested in 6 month contract as a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer please share an updated CV.
*Please note all applicants must have either a Stamp 4/ 1G Visa or EU passport to be considered for this role*
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales