Defence Technology Consultant opportunity (Solutions Architect/ Head of Software) to join a UK based Technology company working with the MoD and other government bodies.
Defence (Technology) Consultant - UK Remote - up to £100,000 + Benefits
This is a Technical role and I am looking for a Senior Technical person that wants to get involved in strategy - Not a Senior Strategic person with little to no technical experience - Just to be clear.
The business is growing and looking to build on its defence business stream, specifically with the MoD and related partners. You should have previous experience working in defence, as a big part of your role will be around delivery of a technical strategy focused on the MOD and related
partners. Reporting into the Defence Stream Director, you will be responsible for understanding the customer's mission and their technical challenges within the Defence customer base.
Strategy - Account Growth - Stakeholder engagement & relationships - Full Software Lifecycle involvement - Developing business relationships in defence - Working out Technical Solutions
- Passion for emerging technologies (e.g. AI/ML, quantum computing) with an understanding of new trends/capabilities and delivery best-practice (e.g. Agile)
- Knowledge of the MOD or related departments (e.g. Defence Digital and StratComm customer landscape is advantageous).
- Working knowledge of a wide range of technologies, specialising in the use of open-source libraries and components.
- Experience in a Senior Technical Leadership role, specifically working with the MOD
- Led the implementation of complex software solutions including architecture, design, development and testing.
- Highly competent in using tools such as GitLab which help monitor and ensure software quality and security.
- Experience in deploying complex software systems to a mixture of environments (ideally technical capability development).
Due to the industries this role will be associated with, we require the successful candidate to be eligible for security clearance. To qualify for this, you must be a British Citizen and have lived permanently in the UK for the last 5 years
If this sounds like a good fit and you are interested, apply now!
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
Apply for this Job