Devops engineer/ AEM
Sr. Devops Engineer - aem/haproxy
We have an opening for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer within our online ordering department to support, administer, and build automation around our AEM, HAProxy, and Akamai environments. Teams within our online ordering department work around the clock to support applications used by a wide variety of sales channels processing thousands of transactions per hour, thereby generating nearly half of all sales revenue for our fortune 100 company! As a technical expert on the team responsible for some of our most critical systems, the ideal candidate must be detail oriented, possess strong business acumen, be proactive, possess an assertive personality, and have strong communication skills and be driven to succeed.
As an integral part of an operations team committed to resolving production support issues and continuously improving our area, the senior system administrator's responsibilities include:
- Provides leadership and strong technical guidance for internal and external groups
- Collaborate with other team members located in various locations, inside and outside the United States, to support the daily operations of a 24x7 work environment.
- Supports AEM and HAProxy environments and assists development teams.
- Leverages, Develops and or enhances CI/CD pipeline solutions.
- Maintain various system health monitoring and reporting tools.
- Write and maintain scripts for system maintenance and administration.
- Create reports, dashboards, and processes to monitor and analyze availability and performance metrics.
- Work with architects, technologists, and others for future system enhancements and scalability.
- Actively participate in decisions to develop and improve security-based standards and practices.
- Perform system backups and DR tasks on a predefined schedule.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting techniques in a high pressure environment.
- Provide after-hours support on an "as needed" or "on call" basis.
- Document systems and procedures.
- Train others in the use of tools, functions, and techniques.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal applicant will clearly express the following characteristics and competencies:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate technical and non-technical details in a confident manner.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership when working with internal and external groups.
- Experience providing technical direction to both internal and external support teams.
- Expert level experience using HaProxy as a load balancer and proxy server
- Expert level experience with AEM (Abode Experience Manager)
- Experience using Akamai for security and delivery solutions is a plus
- 5+ years in a system administrator or equivalent position in a large IT organization.
- 1-3 years in an eCommerce environment selling service based solutions is a plus.
- Experience creating, modifying, and running Jenkins jobs.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker are a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk and AppDynamics.
- Working knowledge of virtual technologies such as VDI and hypervisors.
- Working experience and certifications in Unix and Unix-Like Server Administration. Network experience and certifications are a plus.
- Experience writing advanced scripts and batch files using Python, Unix Script, or Ruby.
- Understanding of Waterfall, Scrum, and Kanban development models.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, leveraging continuous delivery techniques. Working knowledge of Bit Bucket, Artifactory, and Jenkins is a plus.
- Skilled in identifying design and implementation details within bloated documentation/communication to understand expected behavior.
- A strong, team oriented spirit and a positive, exuberant personality focused on learning and overcoming obstacles.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.