Our client, a large staffing organization, is looking to grow their Devops team and is currently hiring 3 Devops Engineers.
- Rates: 60-70 for DevOps level 2; 70-80 per hour for DevOps level 3
- Contract Role
- Fully Remote
The DevOps team is constantly striving to stay current with the latest technologies. We use GIT for storing and managing code, Jenkins for compile and build generation, Chef and CloudFormation for deploying, open source tools for APM and log analysis, and AWS for our infrastructure, server-less architectures, and big data initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Continually improve Devops tools, processes and procedures
· Build, maintain, and scale infrastructure for Production, QA, and Dev environments.
· Develop and maintain Build, Deployment, and Continuous Integration systems.
· Participate in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools across our cloud stack.
· Work closely with Development and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality.
· Write and maintain infrastructure documentation
· Own production incidents/issues and provide level 2 response to infrastructure incidents and alerts
· Work with third-party vendors to resolve infrastructure issues.
· Full stack development opportunities depending on the candidate's capabilities.
· Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience
· 7+ years administering Windows, Linux and Solaris servers and/or in software development.
· Excellent knowledge of Linux systems (RHEL\AWS), and Windows systems knowledge a plus.
· Hands on scripting experience with automation frameworks (Chef)
· 5+ years managing Amazon Web Services (CloudFormation, EC2, S3, ELB, ASG, etc.) is required, as well as a solid understanding of the different services AWS provides
· Experience with code repositories (Git), continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Maven)
· Strong professional experience automating AWS configuration, build and deployments using Chef, CloudFormation, OpsWorks or other equivalent
· Strong experience in AWS VPC, network management and datacenter operations
· Proficiency in multiple programming languages (Ruby, Python, C, C++, C#, etc.)
· Experience designing and maintaining reliable, high-availability production systems and services.
· Monitoring automation; make sure that the correct monitors are deployed at the application level so that any failures can be quickly detected and repaired.
· Evangelize scalable operational practices and play an active role automating and enforcing the same.
· Work closely with the Platform and Service teams to ensure tight collaboration among the development teams
· Experience with the administration of message queues (SQS, Rabbit MQ)
· Strong understanding of network fundamentals (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, OpenVPN etc.)
· Be an excellent and creative problem solver. You don't need to know everything but you need to know how to find the solution
· Ability to develop and manage multiple enterprise-wide project plans, meeting established deliverables and timelines.
· Ability to provide guidance, mentoring, day-to-day support to lower level personnel, and conduct training.
· Ability to design business solutions for new processes and new business practices
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.comApply for this Job