Engineering Tech III (CF-33955900)
Identify and implement requirements for a successful and streamlined in-house service operation, which is aligned with the current Allergan Service strategy and goals. Oversee the troubleshooting and repair processes and work instructions related to in-house product Service and RMA. Conduct RMA failure investigations in collaboration with Quality, Mfg. Engineering and Production. Maintaining all supporting documentation, SAP inputs and weekly repair turnaround reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
* Investigates, troubleshoots and repairs all Service/RMA items.
* Writes and communicates on failure investigation reports.
* Processes service/RMA orders completely and in a timely manner.
* Works closely and supports Customer Service with all aspects of warranty and non-warranty repair.
* Performs system upgrades as required by Customer Service and sales requirements.
* Report on status of all service/RMA inventories. This includes maintaining a log of all in-house refurbished service/RMA items.
* Report on complaint investigations, service calls and RMA updates.
* Inputs daily service call repair status into SAP service module.
* Designs, builds and documents test fixtures for servicing multiple product lines.
* Maintains work instructions of all service processes including the development of troubleshooting flowcharts/guides.
* Facilitate the design, build, test and documentation of simple service test fixtures and test processes.
* Proactively seeks ways to improve the Service/RMA process as new products are released.
* Experience using electrical test equipment such as DMM.
* Capable of troubleshooting electro-mechanical assemblies down to the component level
* Ability to read schematics and engineering drawings.
* Customer service experience.
* Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Proficiency with MS-Office software including MS Word and Excel.
* Experience working in a production environment preferred.
* Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems, preferably SAP Business One preferred.
* Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA's Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies.
Language and Verbal Skills:
Individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
Years of experience/education and/or certifcations required:
* Associate degree, Technical Certification or equivalent work experience
3-5 years experience
What are the top 3-5 skills requirements should this person have?
o Strong tech writing skills
o Root cause analysis
o Excellent verbal and written
What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? Previous complaint background
What type of environment is this person working in?
o Group setting
o Individual Setting
o XX Combination of both
Work Schedule: Swing Shift and Day Shift
Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? 100 % onsite hands on day to day tech role
* Reason for opening: increase in workload
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com