Full Stack (back-end) Engineer (CF-33949652)
6 Month Contract with Likelihood for Extension, Remote
What's the job?
Working as a senior software engineer, you will be joining the innovation team for my client. While you will have many opportunities to greenfield or collaborate across products within the innovation team, you will work primarily on helping accelerate the development of applications used across my clients network of brokers. With support from your fellow innovation engineering teammates, product managers and operations, you will be responsible for helping build, maintain and grow a suite of in-house software products that help make my client one of the leading real estate firms world-wide. The tools you build will break down silos, foster collaboration and pave the road for the continued innovation of my clients tech stack.
The primary responsibilities of our next senior software engineer:
- Architect, build, and maintain tools that improve workflow for your colleagues and deliver pleasant customer experiences.
- Collaborate with product management and product operations to develop, revamp and improve user experiences even in the face of changing business requirements.
- Continuously discover, evaluate and work toward improving engineering standards, tooling and processes to mark your own success and elevate your game.
- Familiarize yourself with existing codebases to maintain existing products developed in-house and maintain and even improve application performance.
- Writing sufficient test coverage to save pain and suffering for yourself and your fellow engineers in the long run!
What we're looking for in a senior software engineer:
That said, we're open to embracing new technologies and believe that testing hypotheses is far more valuable than saying no. Strong opinions, loosely held! And as a significant contributor to my clients commitment to innovation, we fully expect you to question orthodoxy especially when it unlocks valuable opportunities.
Today our team works predominantly in Ruby on Rails, ReactJS and PostgreSQL And though you love to work with the latest and greatest in technology, you're also practical in learning existing tech stacks and choosing the right tool for the right task.
Experience we're looking for in a senior software engineer:
- 5+ years of experience in a back-end development role. Ruby on Rails or Clojure are preferred, but polyglots are welcome!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
- Track record for being proficient at building software products using clean patterns and generally accepted software development best practices.
- Passion for working on back-end, data-centric problems as well as those of a visual and aesthetic nature.
- Strong experience in software architecture and development of scalable production quality products and systems.
- Comfortable working within microservice architecture platform.
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs.
- Comfortable working with telemetry tools such as Prometheus/Grafana for troubleshooting application performance.
- Comfortable working on CI/CD pipelines and adhering to DevSecOps principles.
- Experience with IT orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com