This is a 9 month Hardware Engineer contract with the possibility of extension in Austin, TX. The ideal Hardware Engineer candidate will have memory/debugging experience. This is an on-site position, so candidates must either be in the Austin area or be willing to relocate.
Day to Day Duties:
- Team is responsible for memory strategy and memory interface power system in the main frame
- This project specifically is for taking the system and adopting it to a new memory technology and requirement them to execute the test plan
- Updating the hardware, come up with new memory technology and to be sure it's good for product that is already in market updating with more memory.
- Day to day taking the test plan and modifying, going to lab, executing the text plan to make sure it's working as expected and make sure it's coming out as expected and go through the system or go through the script.
- Debug and resolve Software/Firmware and Hardware interaction failures
- Verify system functionality to product specification using hardware and software validation tools, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Develop technical test plans to support system level bring-up and the validation execution of DDR4 memory subsystem.
- Analyze & debug electrical and functional test data to drive into production risk-call decisions.
- Debugging skills at SoC and System level
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the development and execution of system level memory interface electrical and functional test plans.
- Demonstrated experience with or knowledge using oscilloscopes, reading schematics and layout design files to characterize high-speed IOs
- Knowledge of modern Server uArch (Power, Z, x86, ARM) and system technologies (DDR or other High-Speed IOs such as PCIe, SATA, USB)
- Knowledge of modern OS kernel (Linux, AIX)
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.