IT Operations Engineer
Due to one of our Customers continued growth we are supporting them in their search for a number of IT Service Desk Engineers with strong Linux skills to join their technical operations team in Central Bath.
Based a 2 minute walk from the Bus and Train station, you will be working in a shift team who are responsible for the 24 x 7 monitoring, maintenance, support and deployment of their unique virtualized infrastructure software that is now gaining significant traction with their customers all over the world.
This is a shift-based role, so you will join their existing 24 x 7 shift pattern - "4 on 4 off".
The job holder(s) will join the Customer success team in deploying and supporting the companies virtualized infrastructure software.
What will this include?
- Answering emails, calls and online chat in a positive and friendly manner.
- Creating a record of each customer problem and spot trends when applicable.
- Deliver technical IT support as required to our diverse client base
- Monitoring live customers software and infrastructure, troubleshooting issues and escalating issues to the Operations Team
- Management of Windows and Linux server operating systems
- Assisting our partners and customers with deploying the company software
- Patching and updating the operating systems
- Fulfilling IT maintenance tasks scheduled by other team members.
- Promote and provide support for new products and technologies.
- Managing corporate IT desktop and laptops
- Onboarding new employees: laptop setup, account creation and new user orientation
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of our products, technologies and our competitors.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The candidate should have a minimum of 1 years' experience in an IT Operational support role working with Linux operating systems
- Good understanding of core internet technologies - Routing/Switching, DNS, DHCP, firewalls
- Experience working in a customer-facing technical role which requires solid technical aptitude, excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations.
Essential experience with these technologies:
- Linux Ubuntu Operating systems
- Virtualisation (ideally Xen, alternatively advanced knowledge of others such as VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V etc)
If this role sound of interest, or you would like more information, then please send through an up to date CV ASAP.
Alternatively if this isn't for you, but you know someone who may be interested, then please pass on my details as we offer an excellent referral scheme
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales