Senior Software Developer/ Python (CF-33918102)
6 Month to a year Contract With Extension 100 Percent remote
Perfect candidate: Deep expertise in Git. (Perhaps experience with open source git)
Good candidate: Generalist SWE - Sr. level experience w/ BE language
Troubles so far: Interview Process
- Having trouble articulating their thought process
- Needs to be able to pass classical data structure interview
- Be able to talk about algorithmic complexity
- For this purpose, for this problem, which data structure is the best - library, etc.
- Direct problem - given the problem, can the individual solve
- Expands on initial problem
- Looking for candidate to ask questions to understand the solution | What are the constraints, what are the variables, etc.
What impact will the candidate have on the Team?
- Redbird Team - Build foundation, build groundwork for other teams. Operates the platform
- Direct impact on the reliability to the client - if this team goes down, all of the client goes down
Strong hands-on software development (coding) experience.
Experience with developer workflows and software engineering best practices (e.g. unit
testing, code reviews, design documentation)
Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
Experience with developing and scripting using languages such as Python and Bash
Experience using source control systems such as Git, Perforce, SVN, etc.
Familiarity with basics of the Linux operating system and ecosystem (cron, systemd,
Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate requirements and deliverables
across multiple teams
Experience with Git internals is a bonus
Familiarity with build tools such as Pants and Bazel is a bonus
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com