ServiceNow Software Engineer (CF-33984863)
Our client, a large Staffing organization, is looking for a Senior Service Now Developer to join their fully remote team.
Rate - 70-80 per hour
Contract to hire role
Project Details: Working on Enhancements, integrations, and applications
As a hands-on Solution Architect, you will provide architectural / solution support to project-based efforts for the ServiceNow platform, with the ultimate goals of increasing effectiveness, efficiency, and the success rate for these activities:
· Possess a strong background in IT Service Management and IT Operations Management processes and solutions with deep expertise across the breadth of the ServiceNow platform.
· Designs solutions to address business needs using infrastructure, application, or SaaS platform system standards.
· Works with the business to understand requirements.
· Confidently present ServiceNow platform capabilities clearly and concisely to internal stakeholders.
· Exhibit an expert knowledge of the different ServiceNow modules: ITSM, ITOM, ITBM, HR and GRC.
· Willing to be 'hands-on' with the engineering team to deliver new capabilities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Engage with the engineering manager, project managers and sponsors to understand, clarify, and document project objectives. Leverage existing technical standards to design solutions.
· Assess emerging technologies and collaborate with the engineering team for potential future use.
· Perform design reviews and discussions.
· Perform unit test planning and execution for own code.
· Review unit test plan and results.
· Define integration test strategy and plan.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
· Strong personal and professional initiative with a focus on the success of the team and organization.
· Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team.
· BS degree in a technical field or comparable experience.
· Minimum of 5 years' experience developing and implementing ITSM/ITIL processes and solutions with a deep process/functional and technical understanding of the CMDB.
· Experience providing professional services/consulting within an ITSM/ITL environment highly desirable.
· Expert level understanding of ServiceNow core application UI and workflow configuration, report development and integration components.
· Minimum of 5 years' experience in developing ServiceNow ITSM/ITOM Solutions.
· 5+ years' senior level experience within a medium to large IT organization.
· Experience as a Solutions Architect or Principal Engineer in a large IT organization.
· 3+ years' experience with multiple programming or scripting languages
· Experience with web-based .net/J2EE architectures.
· Understanding of and experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment patterns and tools such as Jenkins.
· Strong troubleshooting skills that span systems, network, and applications.
· Experience working on an Agile development team.
· A commitment to security best practices.
· A passion for automation and process improvement.
· Ability and eagerness to quickly learn new tools and technologies.
· Excellent knowledge on software development lifecycle (SDLC).
· Ability to interact and communicate with stakeholders of varying levels of expertise.
· Ability to communicate complex technical information to less-technical users.
· Current ServiceNow certifications highly desired
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com